Friday, October 9, 2009

A Day in Kona!!

Well, after 11 hours travelling yesterday well into the evening I finally arrived in Kona. Was very happy to walk away from a plane knowing that I have 5 days without one.

I crashed heavily and missed the start of the undie run, which I still managed to take some good shots of (to be added at a later date). Just by being around the start/finish line area even made me nervous even though I am just spectating. The place is abuzz with excitement and anticipation.

The accommodation is right on the course so wont have to move far to get a piece of the action. Photos a plenty will be taken, starting from this evening at the carb loading party. Anyway a day of rest has been had and am very excited about the forthcoming days. Have been told that watching is always harder than racing for an athlete (if I can known as one), so hopefully this time next year I am on the preparation side of things opposed to spectator.

Once more photos are taken, they will be uploaded.

For now...

X-Man

3 comments:

  1. X-man,
    Yep I have watch a couple of IMOZ and even for an old fella like me it is hell - just want to get out there and do it.

    Watch over your darling 'Carla' - remind her not to get spooked by what she see's or by what others say about how to do the race or what / what not type of nutrient she should have. So many falter on this point and change what they have been doing for ages to something different they have heard that works - not good.

    She only needs to do what she has been doing for the past 12 months and rest will take care of itself.

    I'm excited at this end for her and what she is about to tackle. Go you good thing.

    Big Boy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Carla go will be watching with excitement and jealously. Go you good thing - "Enjoy" the experience if you can enjoy an IRONMAN.

    I will have a beer for you.

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done Carla - sounds very much like a very tough day out there - you did good, really, really good - now's time to chill and savor what you have just achieved. Enjoy

    Big Boy

    ReplyDelete