Friday, July 2, 2010

Music to my ears...

So, another program down and off to see the coach to look at my next program. For the last few programs, I have known that I will be running and running and more running, a bit of swimming and not much riding!!

The tables had to turn, so I thought. Well maybe a half circle, maybe not even that much. The good news for me is that I can dust of the TT bike, because I am going to be riding that baby a whole lot more over the next few weeks with my lead up to Yeppoon. My running is still building and my swimming has had an extra "optional" session added. "Optional" my ass, it is a session to be completed.

With Yeppoon only 6 weeks away, I feel like I am in better shape compared to this time last year with the specific training that I have been undertaking unlike previous years where it was just general fitness. Didn't feel like it at the time, however knowing the direction that I am going, it definitely was just general fitness.

By doing a little bit of maintenance of previous weeks on the bike, I feel like I am ready to get back to where I was previously with my cycling. With saying that, I know that I am not going to lose any of the running or swimming that I have been developing.

Still have a goal of getting back on the roadie for a few races to fine tune my legs, however I am constantly reminded that patience is a virtue and WA is 6 months away. Exactly my point....not even in Ironman 16 weeks yet, let me free!!

Any way, just a small update, not much exciting news at the moment, just build, build and build. The base is growing ready to have foundations installed to have bricks spread all across it.

I am off to the pool to continue my drill sessions.

For now...

X-Man

4 comments:

  1. Hmmmmmmmm - little steps to begin keeping in mind the final goal - very good.

    Big Boy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on trucking mate.
    oatesy

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Music to my ears..." I thought with that title you were going to blog about listening to Celine Dion and how that gets you through those long rides out the back of beyond......

    ReplyDelete
  4. its about time Flipper got back on the bike

    looking forward to smashing you sometime soon

    love
    jas

    ReplyDelete