Saturday, October 13, 2012

1 day to go...Time to get the nerves going!!

So sitting here with 24hrs to go, the nerves are still in check.  I know that once I start getting all my gear ready, things might change though.

Yesterday included a swim in the ocean just over 2k's and then feet up for the day.  One final massage from Sean and things are ready.  The body feels good and am excited for the cannon to fire.

I am still yet to decide my actual start position, I think that will come tomorrow morning once I enter the water.

We all ventured to the Carb Party last night, nothing new, just something that I recommend to all first timers here.

Today is a small (really small) run 15min, then a final spin on my bike and a swim later.

The all important bike check/ gear check in where people "check you out" and once this is done you just hope that you have remembered everything.  Fingers crossed!!

I can only say that I am in the shape of my life and can't wait to get going.

Hope you enjoy the below video, time to get the nerves going!


For now....

X-Man

PS... I will have my race plans posted for race day as I see the race unfolding!

No comments:

Post a Comment