Sunday, August 16, 2009

Race Day..

4.50am, sipping on my usual coffee, the others are having pancakes with jam and peanut butter. They are trying to convince me that it tastes good!!!! Not for me, my usual breakfast is a coffee, banana and a bottle of High 5 Energy source for the next few hours.

As it is currently dark, I cannot see the beach from the balcony at the moment, however there is absolutely no wind and the beach sounds like it is calm. The forecast is for light NNE winds with a top temp of 26 degrees Celsius and humidity of 55% - 65%. All in all, perfect race conditions.

I had a good night sleep and feel pretty good, for now!! Still 3 1/2 hours from race start, so no doubt the nerves will start to kick in soon. Transition opens in 1/2 hour, so will be heading down that way soon to do the usual bike check-in, numbering and transition set up.

My weapon of choice is of course my cervelo P2C, and am glad that to have the disk wheel and 5 spoke front to support. All I need now is the engine to fire on 8 cylinders and not 4. The fuel has been decided and am running on pure High 5 Energy Source at 100gm per hour. In the past this High 5 Octane fuel has taken me to Personal Best times and I am hoping that once again it delivers the times.

The sense of excitement is starting to take hold, or is it nerves?? And those "athletes", if I can use that term loosely, know what happens the morning before a race when it comes to nerves. Maybe once, maybe twice, but usually for me it is three times. So I am off for number 2 and I will report soon after the race.

For Now...

X-Man

No comments:

Post a Comment