Sunday, May 2, 2010

Everything is new...

As I sit here and follow fellow blogger (and clydesdale) Ryan Barnett at Ironman St. George, who at the time of writing this blog is in the lead of the 35-39 age group. I realise that Ironman WA 2010 is still 7 months away. Why is this strange??? Because the race has already sold out and I am in no physical shape to race. I am one who usually leaves my entry until late so that I know if I am in good enough shape or not.

With the trust that I have with me new coach and the direction we are headed I am very confident that he will get me in the shape I need to be in in 7 months time. I am loving the new direction, things didn't quite make sense for me at the the start, but he explained them to me so that I understood what I was doing.

All facets of my training are going along well with all easy sessions at this time, with no distance or speed associated to them. Occasionally a "hard" session in the pool is on the program or some small efforts on the bike, however none of them are daunting at this stage and I am already seeing improvements in my swim times in the 3 weeks that I have been under the new tutor ledge.

The quantity of sessions is a lot higher than I would have thought so early in the preparation, however they are very manageable and for the first time in 3 years in this sport I can say that I have been able to complete every single session as required. My training partners are the ones who are suffering as I having a "no flexibility" approach in this lead up. This is a BIG plus for me as I haved loved the first three weeks and look forward to my next program which I am due to receive next week.

Any way, just a small update, and am off to watch "White Hot" finish his race.

For now...

X-Man

No comments:

Post a Comment