Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Smashed by a Storm!!

The heading is the summary of my 2 out of 3 recent rides. One Rod Stormonth has handed it to me on a platter. First was Saturday morning and then this morning. The lad is riding really well at the moment and it has been a pleasure trying to hang onto his wheel.

Now, onto the latest and greatest news: ROD STORMONTH has decided to make a comeback to Ironman Triathlons, declaring that Western Australia 2010 is his comeback race. This excites me also, due to the fact that there will be 4 of us in the same area all training for Ironman racing. What more would you want out of training partners, i ask?? We both know that it will a long journey for Rod as it is all of us, but the fact that I/We will be able to draw enthusiasm from each other like I do with my other training partners should also make training even more enjoyable, if possible.

So where am I at? Well, training is going well and I have surrounded myself with purely positive people. As the saying goes, being positive breeds positive and likewise for the reverse. So for now I have positive people around me who are getting great results and is giving me more excitement/ inspiration every day.

Jason, myotherapist and training partner finished 3rd in his category on the weekend in the Australian Marathon Championships held in Bendigo over 105km. This was on his trusty stead, the MTB. Great effort that!!

Carla, another training partner and G/F, is currently in Cairns on her final training/acclimatisation before she heads across to the BIG DANCE at Kona.

If you cannot draw anything positive from achievements like these, you never will.

And for me, just trying to do the hard k's now to hopefully make it easier come race day.

Consistent training has been my motto so far and everything has been coming along well, with ups and downs along the way. The 4.30am starts have been good, haven't got me just yet, however in saying that, am looking forward to a sleep in, when ever that might be. I have re-equated myself with the ocean for cold water recovery sessions, and that is just what they are - COLD!!! However the legs do love it.

Anyway, will blog more regular in the coming weeks.

For now...

X-Man

No comments:

Post a Comment