Sunday, November 8, 2009

To Race or to Train??

The question that is in my mind for Shepparton 1/2 Ironman. I have entered the race and my final lead up race before WA Ironman. Last year I used this race to give me confidence going into WA. This year, with so much focus for me on the Ironman, using it as a training session is going through my mind.

I can sit here and say that now, however come Sunday, I know I will be out to race....that's what I do, race in races. The lead up I can control, either have a few days recovery or train right up til Saturday morning. With one minor hiccup of late, having a few days rest is prob what I need, so a small recovery week is the most likely scenario.

I don't know what to expect, have had a really good previous 4 weeks and am the fittest that I have ever been. In saying that, I should be!!!

Another thing that has popped up for me is the forecast weather for Shepparton....41 degrees!! What the??? So to race this race with no after affects will be difficult, I don't want to lose any training days post this race. I think a very adhoc week will be planned and decisions will be made as Sunday comes closer.

A MASSIVE congratulations to Jason Quigley, great mate, training partner and myo for places 3rd overall is his debut 12 hour Mountain Bike race. Things also looking like they are going in the right direction for his 24 hour solo race at the end of November. Well done mate!!!!

Still doesn't give me any incentive to ride with him in the "off season" due to the fact that now he is fitter, I will have no chance of surviving the ride.

For Now...

X-Man

Ps.....Carla is home on Wednesday, so I will be able to catch up on goss from Hawaii in more detail. Missed you :-)
X-Man

1 comment:

  1. Have a race, I think you will mostly likely knock out a 4.23!!! Stormy

    ReplyDelete