Friday, March 5, 2010

1 more sleep....

Well, as I sit here in front of the computer, the weather is absolute magic outside. Clear blue skies, minimal wind and temperature around 22 deg Celsius. Yesterday was a different story, as tomorrow will be. The wind is forecast to be a southeasterly with chance of rain in the afternoon. As for the race, this means that there will be a tailwind for the outward journey on the bike and naturally a headwind on the return.

I have had a swim in the lake, tasted it also in the chop yesterday and thankfully, it is freshwater, so no spew if I cop a mouthful tomorrow!!! I also ride the first section of the bike with the only step incline on it and am very comfortable with this. (Must be the riding with Jas in the hills many many Saturdays in a row!!!) And also the run only has one incline which I am also confident with (thanks Arch & Trav!!).

So, for now I have to finalise my things to check into transition as everything else has been checked off my list. Fingers crossed that the race plan goes well and I have a "happy" race report post race.

For now...

X-Man

2 comments:

  1. I know by now you would have had your pizza and a couple of beers and fast asleep. Have fun and will be tracking you and Carla over the net.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All done and dusted, no doubt a tough day for the big man, looking over the summary of the results. It looks like you sat up and gave Carla a hand into 6th position on the run. I know you will be disappointed, but as well as I know you, you would have given it all that you had and left no doubts as to what could have been if I just......

    Well done and see you in a couple of days

    ReplyDelete