Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Training Camp Round Up.


So, after attending my first real training camp at http://www.tritrainingcamps.com.au/ down at Lorne I have felt like it was definitely a worth while experience. Matt and crew did a fantastic job in hosting us and running a fantastic four days. The only down side was the weather on the first two days making some of the training a little less intense than originally planned.
Without going into too much detail, the camp was solid and the legs definitely were feeling the pinch on the last day especially after a 10k TT effort up a 6% gradient hill, then followed by a race pace 1hr 30min run, in which I managed 21.12k. I was very happy with this after the weekend which involved over 300k riding, 80k running and approx 8k swimming.
The crew that went to the camp were good fun which made for a relaxed atmosphere and with Special guest Greg Stewart (First Australian to Podium at Kona) along with Dr Ken Davis who went through some mental aspects of triathlons, the camp was more than beneficial. I cannot forget to mention Ironman guru Peter Coulson, who was very insightful in many aspects of triathlons along with life and then also Matt "Dr Phil" Pascall, who not only ran another very successful camp but did some relationship mentoring with Eugene....(Those who were there will understand).
I would be more than happy to recommend this camp to all levels of triathletes who want to get away in the most suitable environment to train, recover and relax.
So with 4 1/2 weeks away to WA, I am just starting to feel like I am in the shape that I want to be in, still knowing that I have more to give and more to improve over this time.
I know the dogs are barking a lot right now, so I will leave that to them, whilst we go and train and prepare.
For now...
X-Man

1 comment:

  1. At least your ready if it rains in WA! Stormy

    ReplyDelete