Monday, March 16, 2009

1 More Race for the Season.

This weekend bring a wrap for my tri season for 2008/2009. I know that I am ready for the end also.

I am heading to Murray Bridge with Princess, Benny, Pistol and Dennis to race over a 2km swim 60km bike and 15 km run.

This is also the last chance for me to accumulate points to qualify for the worlds in Perth later in the year.

I have also decided that this will be the last race in which I will be on a structured training program as I am going to "bring back the fun" into my training. I will be training but doing what I feel like at the time for a while to have an "offseason" for 4-8 weeks before I get back into it.


Back onto this weekend, I have organised to ride a set of Zipp 808's for the weekend, which excites me as if I am happy with these wheels, I look to purchase a set for the new season. The lads at SALTER CYCLES have been generous enough to lend me the wheels to test. Cheers Adrian.
With all the talk about Zipp Wheels, I will be curious to rate their performance against my Token 85/50 wheels and my Gravity Zero Disc/ 5 spoke......To be discussed after the weekend.
Once completed this race, the road season kicks into gear, so as they say: One door shuts, another opens!!
For now..
X-Man
Ps. My running has been coming along ok, and swim squad has already found improvements in my swim stroke/time.


2 comments:

  1. Good luck for the weekend. Stormy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey mate
    Good luck and kick but
    Ron

    ReplyDelete