Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Well, thats a wrap!!

This will be my final post in regards to Tri reports for some time as I have officially finished up for the season.

The road trip to Murray Bridge was a cracker with Dennis, Princess, Benny and Pistol and I look forward to many more of them next season.

I finished my season on a high with a good result for me over the 2km swim, 60km bike and 15 km run.

Pb the swim : 29min 16sec,
Had the 6th quickest bike time for the day, which enabled me to make up some good places, and
as per normal plodded along like a diesel train in the run.

The bike course was a tough one with the weather, road surface and course in general. The run was flat, except someone put this nice (well not really nice!!) hill on the course in which we encountered 3 times, once per lap. Ever seen a fully loaded semi climb a hill, well that's me, very slowly!!!

Finished up in 3 hrs 12mins which fit in the bracket that I set for myself, so happy days!!

The wheels, well what can i say, travelling 50+ kph comfortably on the return trip speaks for themselves, was very very happy with them. The only thing now is the price tag, a lazy $4800!

Might leave that decision til next season.

From here, a few weeks of to enjoy the "offseason" with a few functions coming up that I am going to let the hair down for.

The road season starts this weekend and have a little itch that is going to drive me to be competitive in A grade by the seasons end, another tough ask.

For now....

X-Man

2 comments:

  1. Great work X-Man, time to hang up the speedos and leave them alone for a while. Nothing better than a good break to clear the mind.
    Bring on the road racing, you'll have to show me the ropes mate.

    Komo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi X-man. Yep great work. For new season I am considering doing a few road trips also - if your looking for a drinking partner!!!

    May have a shot at some road racing to improve my bike spinning - let me know if you find anything out about road bike clubs out my way.

    Big Boy

    ReplyDelete