Monday, April 6, 2009

There is light at the end of the Tunnel!!

One month on and I have found improvement in my running so far. My first crack at the tan 8km saw me finish in 32.40min (which was a good platform). I ventured back there on Saturday to see if any improvements had occured after one month.

Well, I mangaged to break the 4 min barrier not only for the first lap but for the entire race!! 31min 45 sec. WOOHOO!!

Ran through 4km in 15min 43sec, so didn't tire to much over the second lap.

Overall a good time for me and have not only physically, but mentally broken the 4min k mark with a hill each lap, which does not suit this deisel train!!

Last week I also ventured out with Princess, Komo and Monas for a crack at the North Road ride, first time for me also. Not much to report about it apart from....

Has me hooked, loved the ride, think it will help the legs speed throughout winter, so will be a regular on this ride also.

Have race a couple of crits without much success, but this is working into my plan for the road season, cannot reveil too much at this stage.

A big shout out goes to the competitors at yesterdays IRONMAN OZ race with from reports was a tough tough day at the office, a finish is something to congratulate. Well Done!!

For now...

X-Man

No comments:

Post a Comment