Monday, April 20, 2009

Getting back into it

I write this post after enjoying the spoils of my sister getting married on the weekend and indulging in too many successive weekends enjoying life "way to much".

I have decided to extract a digit and get back into training sooner than originally planned. My original plan was start of June and to just maintain fitness at this time. However after recent functions, I am going to up my training drastically over the next week and moving forward I am going to "hit the ground running" so to speak. This will enable me to have a good level of fitness for when my program gets going full steam ahead again.

To date I have been running between 4 - 5 hours per week with 3 -4 hours of cycling per week, nothing compared to what I am used to. As from the weekend, I plan to up my running to a consistent 6 hours per week of slow easy miles to stay injury free and build a good base. My cycling is going to be increased to 12 - 15 hours per week to start the same process to get those k's into the legs.

I am already looking forward to June to officially commence my training again.

For now...

No comments:

Post a Comment