Saturday, June 6, 2009

2 Stages in, 2 to go...

Well, today was the first day of the Footscray Cycling Club 3 day tour. I achieved what I set out to do:

Not lose any time, and
Gain a few time bonuses along the way.

The two stages were fairly predictable due to the perfect cycling conditions out there, was always going to be hard to get in a breakaway. I managed 5th in the first stage and a bunch finish in stage two.

Tomorrow is a day of protecting myself to minimise any potential loses in time. 60km in the hills, never going to be a day that I enjoy, but thats cycling as they say. I have worked out the threats for tomorrow and will try to only keep my eye on them as alot of the riders have never ridden a 27.5km time trial, something that I am really looking forward to.

Princess got around comfortably in "A" grade and is looking forward to tomorrow's hills. "A" grade had a successful breakaway in stage 1 with the peleton losing about 25 sec + time bonuses. As with any tour, the day in the hills usually decides the race. Princess is a good hill climber, so he should be with the leaders at the end of the stage ready to attack the TT on Monday.

For tonight, eat and relax....What more could I want, maybe a few beers but will stay of them tonight as had a few last night.

For now...

X-Man

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god, Jarrod riding on the road. My worst nightmare, Jarrod wins the FCC 3 Day Tour, could it happen? Good luck tomorrow and Monday. Stormy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stormy - as Xav said, there is good news and there is bad news. Good news - Jarrod has the legs to ride 'A' grade, the bad news, we have to hear about it forever now.....

    Komo

    ReplyDelete