Friday, June 5, 2009

Another Convert...

This blog is purely written out of respect for a mate who bagged Komo and myself for the effort we put in last Saturday at the Crit, stating that an average of 43kph was "not hard".

So, yesterday morning talking to Komo on our regular Thursday morning ride, we decided to throw a challenge at him. I rang him and threw this scenario at him:

IF it is that easy, come ride a crit 1st up in "A" grade......I will pay for your entry and see how you go. Well, that was not enough for him and the response was, "If you can get me a start in the 3 day tour, I will go straight into "A" grade"

I made the call, explained it to an official at the club and got the all clear for him to race. Gave him a call and informed him of the news....good/bad news, yet to be decided!!!! Monday will be the telling factor.

So into "A" grade he goes with no, I mean NO race experience under his belt. But in saying that, I do admire and respect the guy more for putting his money where his mouth is as many others would have said but not done. He will have a good chance to get through and be more than competitive , IF he keeps his ego in check and learns as he goes.

Tomorrow, we both have a crack at the Footscray 3 Day Tour down at Little River, myself competing in "B" Grade after being totally smashed in "A" Grade last year and gaining some leniency for this year.

The tour consists of 4 stages over the 3 days with 2 stages tomorrow, which I am going to attempt to make a move to get some time before we head into the hills on Sunday. Monday suits me as it is a 27.5km Time Trial. If I am close enough to the leaders, I feel confident in having a crack at the "W". I know alot can go wrong over 4 stages, however with a great week of training under my belt, I feel that I can be competitive enough to make a charge at the "W".

Time will tell and I will post about the proceedings tomorrow at the conclusion of the day giving a brief race report on how both of us have gone.

For Now...

X-Man

PS. My tally now for converting "only" triathletes to roadies/both is 4 with another 3 to come. My goal is to try and get 10 by years end.

1 comment:

  1. X-man - good luck tomorrow and over the next few days. Use the top 6" mate and you will nail it. Work to your strengths, attack them hard tomorrow.

    Good luck to Princess too, can't wait for the blow by blow.

    Komo

    ReplyDelete