Thursday, December 3, 2009

2 days til Ironman #2.

I thought that I would jot a few things down, now that I have settled in at Busso, WA. The week has gone really well with registration out of the way and carb loading about to begin. We (Benny & I + Support crew) have the carb loading party tonite, in which we will go and enjoy again, for two reasons. To get out of the unit and to save cooking and cleaning after dinner!!

The body is feeling good, the equipment is set up and rearing to go and my nutrition strategy is locked away also. I just have to conserve as much energy as I can now to be as ready as I can for Saturday.

My lead up has gone according to plan, with a PB at Shepparton 1/2 Ironman 3 weeks ago, running a 4 min pb after a 1 min pb on the bike. My swim was slower, however due to being a non wetsuit swim, that was to be expected. I was very happy with my swim and how I have also felt in the water since that race.

Today is a full day of R & R with 2 small session just to make sure the body keeps ticking over. I have a great support crew here with me, Carla, fresh form racing at Kona, with plenty of experience of what to do in lead ups, and Dodge (AKA Nath, my little bro) who decided to venture across to watch instead of going to schoolies. I promised him a great time afterwards to thank him for it. I know that plenty of others will be following online. My race number is 254. Feel free to send through updates to my phone as the support crew will be in control of it.

For now...

X-Man

PS. I will post again pre race.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck. Remember to race yourself! See you at your joint when you get home for the free BBQ. Stormy

    ReplyDelete