Sunday, December 20, 2009

Enjoying recovery.

I must say straight up that I have really relaxed this last week after a week of looking for that 1 minute. And that 1 minute I will not be able to find as I had a great race. As I have said to everyone, when someone gives you 25minutes start at the beginning of the marathon and catches you, well they deserved it more than I did!!! That is well and truly in the back round and something that I will not dwell on moving forward.

I have settled into recovery and held a BBQ for a few close friends yesterday to let the hair down and have a few quiet ones. The mid afternoon "do" was just what I needed to officially close my year off and leave it all behind. A reflection of my year will be in the next few blogs, but for now, a fair bit of R&R is taking place.

Training has been on the back burner with only a few runs done, 1 ride, 2 hours on the roadie followed by a fun and 3 hour entertaining ride on the MTB. (Entertaining for Stormy & Jas at my inability to handle to MTB!!!) 2 swims just to tick the arms over is also all that has taken place since WA.

I will have a reasonably solid week leading into Christmas and then relax for the following few days. I, like another blogger Ryan Barnett have asked Santa for a similar present this year; An improved run off the bike!!! I am hoping that mine arrives in March at New Zealand.

As for now, I have started to look at a training schedule and also a few lead in races to New Zealand. I should be able to finalise my schedule by the end of the week. One thing that I am also going to change next year is to post regularly about my training. To post what I have done and how I have felt doing it. A reflection is something that you can do so that you know what you can change in the future.

For Now...

X-Man

No comments:

Post a Comment