Sunday, January 10, 2010

2010 - A New beginning

Well, one week into the new year and have started the year training really well.

Last Saturday was my hardest ride (as expected) at 140km's, with a few more 100km+ rides during the week. From there the week has seemed to get easier with clocking up just under 1000km's in the saddle and also a few smallish runs.

Next week, my training becomes a whole more consistent with my weekly goal to be approx 450km on the bike, 80km running and over 10km in the water.

One thing that I have noticed already this week, it that I am becoming more accountable after setting up my garmin correctly. By constantly having the calender on the screen enables me to see exactly what I have or have not done. By seeing this, there is no exaggeration of km's or training sessions, just reality.

So after plugging in my weekly goals, I become accountable, not to anyone except myself.

Jas, www.jasonquigley.blogspot.com has had the pleasure of my company on most rides this week, or is it I have had the pleasure of his?? Well, after 20hours together in the saddle both complaining about the saddle sores, I think we both enjoyed the chin wag we had along the journey. This journey has taken us over a fair chunk of the outer suburbs of Melbourne and one that we are looking to expand in the near future with a few 150km+ rides coming up.

Anyway, it is time to refuel and prepare for this afternoons session.

For now...

X-Man

No comments:

Post a Comment