Saturday, August 14, 2010

The day before!!

So tomorrow brings my first challenge of the year, after I get over today.....Benny and myself decided to have our traditional "few" beers and watch the footy last night. Some would say that it may have got out of hand (as Benny tries to sleep some of them off now (9am). But for us this is "how we roll"!!! Nothing has changed in 4 years of racing and travelling together.

We find the lighter side of everything and ensure that we enjoy every race that we attend. I think that this gives us the balance and enjoyment that the sport brings. Don't get me wrong, we train hard, and we are as competitive as the next person, the only difference is, that we are here to enjoy the whole trip. From the plane flight (which we found some interesting reading in the in plane magazine) to the locals last night that were not impressed that we were the only 2 fit looking people in their establishment.

For those that know the quantity consumed last night, it doesn't need to be repeated and nor will it be raised again, well not in conversation, maybe after breakfast!!! he he he

So onto the actual reason that we are here, apparently we are doing a 1/2 Ironman tomorrow. The weather is magic and our gear has been set up and the training has just about been done. Registration at 1pm and then it all begins. From the lighter side of life to the serious side of racing. I have spoken to my coach in depth and we have decided a race plan that will be suitable for the conditions and also the condition that I am in. Unless a bizarre turn of events happen overnight, there is no reason why I will not create a new best time for me and improve on last years performance, both in time and placing.

I have taken a few photos which will be posted post race along with a full weekend's round up. For now breakfast is cooking, and the coffee is brewing, so I won't bore you any longer and will take myself onto the balcony to enjoy what mother nature is dishing up today.

For now...

X-Man

No comments:

Post a Comment