Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's Taper Time!!!

As I sit here ready to get all my gear packed for Benny's and my 6am flight, depart from home at 4am (gotta love those red eye flights!!) I have discovered that taper week does nothing for me apart from making me have enough energy to rival a kid on red cordial!!

The training this week has eased right off, which some would think that is good, for me, it becomes harder to actually drag myself out the door. The thoughts of.... surely missing this session won't hurt, it is taper week......have appeared in my head this week as I know that I have done all the training leading into this week, but something, just something continually gets me to get to the front door and out to train.

My new found energy also annoys me as I become a frustrated little boy who does not what to do with himself. So trying to conserve energy and not driving myself crazy has been the biggest goal this week, along with getting out to train.

So with that in mind I am looking forward to getting out of this 5-10deg Celsius and head to 24deg Celsius, even if it is just for 4 days.

Benny & I are both looking forward to this hit out as it will give us an early indication of where we are at currently.

Will keep posted over the weekend.

For now...

X-Man

No comments:

Post a Comment