Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tick, tick, tick, tick & tick.

That's the sound of my weekly training schedule as I go through the program and tick off the boxes. Rain, hail or shine, I have been out there doing my thing whether or not with my regular training pals or podsy.

With the weather being terrible for this time of year, no doubt it has been a battle sometimes to get out in the rain. The motivation is there, sometimes realisation kicks in and I wonder if the session in the terrible conditions will do more harm than good. This is where Coach Andrew comes in and confirms, denies or changes the training schedule. Most times, it's a case of getting out in the conditions regardless to gain that extra mental edge also. "If I can train is these terrible conditions, I can train in anything" mentality.

Training has been going really well, and the body is holding up also. Benny & I discovered a few new running trails around the area which are on dirt, so that can only be another good thing for the body. Getting out with Trav, Arch, Stormy & Jas is also always good fun even if one of us gets angry cause it is not our day.....But overall, I could not ask for a better preparation at he moment and with the new program "in the mail" I look forward to the next 7 weeks (which some people find some what disturbing that I am actually looking forward to it!!).

My next race is in 4 weeks which will be my final preparation for the Ironman and after last night's discussion with Andrew, we are going to try a few new things over the next 7 weeks in the lead up.

Only a short blog this time as not much has changed. I will say one thing.....Whilst the dogs are barking, we are out training!!

For now...

X-Man

Oh yeah, the new Erox Wetsuit has arrived and I am looking forward to getting into it at the training camp to give it a good test. Thanks again Florian. Will post some photos once I get some!!

No comments:

Post a Comment