Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Good....The Bad....The Ugly....

So, after sitting down with Andrew last Monday night and deciding that I would start training again last week, it has not gone according to plan. But.....I DON'T CARE!!

I have had 1 session of each since WA and have hated every minute of it so far. What does this mean?? I am done for this year. I originally had plans to race next week up at Benalla but have also decided to scrap that idea. I know that I am done for the year due to the fact that training seems like a chore. Nothing seems enjoyable about it...even though I haven't been, just the thought is tiring at the moment.

Plans will be re-adjusted to start again next year, so for now I am just all about enjoying the festive season. Anyway....what do I care?? I am off to KONA 2011!!

THE GOOD:

Qualifying for KONA 2011 - can't say that enough!! Sorry if it bothers you, because it is not bothering me.

Not having to stress about a race early in the new year as I reached my goal.

Enjoying the festive season and I have been on the Corona wagon, drinking beers that rhyme with that Kona you can never complain about that!!! And plenty of them.

Being on the receiving end of a fixed wheel bike....this completes my set now. And to get out on it when the weather improves will be some fun.

Having an appearance in a local paper:

And an article about the race:

http://www.starnewsgroup.com.au/star/werribee-hoppers-crossing/276/story/126301.html

And finally, being notified that I have won the Australian Half Ironman series in the 30-34 a/g.

THE BAD:

The weather....giving me no incentive to train!!

The amount of Coronas that I have consumed since WA!! (well maybe not bad)

THE UGLY:

The 5kgs that I have added since WA!! All well paid for mind you!!

For now...

X-Man

PS. I would like to add that I have received well over 4,200 page hits spanning across 20+ countries. So, feel free to through a comment in good, bad or indifferent!!

5 comments:

  1. Merry Xmas mate to you and the family. You may not believe this, but I have a fridge full of Coroners!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coronas, not Coroners

    ReplyDelete
  3. Motivation is a wonderful thing.... when you have it!

    Oatesy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete