Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's going to take a while for this to sink in!!

Just a quick one before I do my main race report. I am going to have a few days to really reflect on the significance of the weekend. Not only for myself, but for Carla, who won her age group and is going to Kona for the 3rd consecutive year.

Both very happy after accepting our Kona Slots!! (No roll down for us either, just automatic qualifying!!)

Now for me, everything was amazing....I will wait until I get some photos from the whole day to post and it will probably indicate more of the happiness and excitement of what I have achieved. I do have many people who did play a BIG BIG part in me qualifying for Hawaii and will ensure that they are acknowledged.
Me after my name was to accept my spot.....VERY VERY happy!!!

The calm before the storm..

For those who have never experience the site of an Ironman swim start, it is one amazing feeling.....Check out this pic below, this would be 30 sec after the gun went.....



For now I will just leave it at that until it actually sinks in and then post a race report.

My times were: Swim - 56.31

Ride - 4:46.13
Run - 3:20.16
Overall - 9:06.52
Age - 4th
Overall - 24th
For now
X-Man
We're going to KONA baby!!

1 comment:

  1. X-man / Carla - said it all over there in WA - love you guys - great results. Big Boy

    ReplyDelete