Sunday, January 9, 2011

1st week of training back completed!!

I survived!!

After 4 weeks of drinking and eating whatever and how much that I felt like and seeing the scales hit 100kgs (7.5kgs in 4 weeks!!, if only it was easy to lose it that quick!) I have completed my first week back of training.

Nothing was fast, nothing was pretty, however it was all done. My body feels really good for getting it done and my mind is ready to get into next week. The big test will be getting back into swim squad. This will be the point to see if I am really ready to go. I have decided to ease back into the swimming as it is the first discipline to always gets to me. So, just ticking the arms over, getting the technique fine tuned will be the goal before I really up the ante and get into a "Swim Squad" as opposed to the triathlon swim squad that I am in.

This will be a few weeks away as like the other two disciplines, I am going to gradually increase my efforts as my body will allow, for now it is easy training on the body and mind.

After looking back at my Garmin file for 1/1/2010 to 31/12/2010, my data is as follows:

Swim time/distance: 112hrs 51mins for 316.53kms

Ride time/distance: 364hrs 50mins for 10,296.44kms & 205,007cals

Run time/distance: 181hrs 01mins for 2,227.71km & 165,821cals

This gives me an average of 12.67 per week for the entire year. This figure is no indication of my actual Ironman training as my average training for those weeks would be around the 20hours per week.

My weight peaked at 100kgs at the start of the new year and is now down to 97kgs. Still heavy, but at least heading in the right direction.

Tomorrow is a new week and n ext Sunday will be my first race for the season, a small sprint distance one. That could actually destroy me as I am a self proclaimed diesel train and the small stuff really hurts!! Anyway, another easy week in front of me might at least help drop a few more kgs and make the week as enjoyable as the one I have just completed.

For now...

X-Man

1 comment:

  1. I love how you come back one week and the next you are racing. Dude you are hard core!

    ReplyDelete