Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Slowly slowly

As the old saying goes, slow and steady wins the race. For me this has been my approach to training, slow and steady. (Throw in ugly and you get the picture) I am not saying that by me taking this approach I will win my next two races, however I know that I will be in great shape when it comes time to pick up training.

My training is slowly increasing week by week and my body is taking the extra load on board without any discomfort or displeasure. All three aspects are building a little base ready for my next phase of training commencing in the next few weeks or so. I know that I am going to have to prepare my body for a increased load and have already sought treatment to keep the body as fresh as possible.

I have not taken training seriously at this stage and have sought training with anyone that I can find. The last thing I need right now is to wear out training partners, so I have been conscious by spreading the love.....so to speak....The conversations have been fresh and full of entertainment and training has been really enjoyable with the variety of training partners making it this way. I know that once the work load increases, the training partner numbers will decrease due to different race plans and timing of races by us all.

In saying this though, I have enough in the network not to struggle finding someone. As we all know when the going gets tough, the tough gets going. So come those cold winter mornings that we are going to encounter come mid year, all those fair weather trainers that you see on the road at the moment will be non existent and only the tough will stay strong. With this in mind I refuse to put myself through any "tough" sessions at the moment, it is all about getting out there to enjoy the sun, the company and the laughs.

I am still riding the high of my time with Craig Alexander last week and some regular words still go through my mind during training sessions and general approach to life. Talking to fellow Ironman and training partner, Greg Farrell, who was lucky enough to attend 3Fest over the weekend with Craig Alexander amongst other World Class Ironmen, I know that he got the same motivation and enthusiasm from the event. Due to prior commitments I could not attend, however next year I will be there with bells on.

My weight is still headed in the right direction and I am confident that I will be establishing a new race weight in the coming months. If I continue to do everything right, without taking shortcuts or undertaking radical diets, I that my weight will take care of itself.

For now...

X-Man

No comments:

Post a Comment