Wednesday, January 19, 2011

All going in the right direction!!

So, my weight has started to get back to a level in which my body can get the most out of training. 95kgs, that's a drop of 5kgs in two weeks, am really happy with that. My goal at this early stage is to lower it to 92.5kgs (old race weight) whilst still functioning well.

Along with the weight lose, my swimming has showed little signs of improvement, I haven't really lost any speed, just lots of endurance. I am really noticing that after 1-2 efforts in the pool regardless of length, I am starting to battle. Talking to Paul (swim coach) last night we are just going to get some long slow technique sessions under the belt and worry about speed once May/June comes around. This will still allow me 4 months of solid swimming once I am up to speed. I am in no real hurry to peak at the moment, as I have nothing to peak for. We have discussed some alternate options to improve my swimming once I am back up to a good level.

My riding has not really lost anything at this stage (or I don't feel that is has) and am happy with the addition of the fixed wheel to my stable as I have noticed that it has already made my pedal stroke smoother and more efficient. Along with these benefits, riding the fixie is enjoyable and to date have not had any mishaps!!

Running is running and at a few kgs overweight, it of course is taking a little bit of time to find my feet again (pardon the pun!!). However I have been enjoying getting out in my on-running shoes and getting some quality k's back in the legs.

Although that I feel like my training is coming along slowly, I have still managed to clock up 11hours in my first week back and 13hours in the second week back. I suppose compared to doing 20+ hour weeks in my Ironman lead up it does feel small, however I am still happy that I am getting these numbers up early in the piece.

Everything is still a long way off, but for now I am happy to be back into the swing of things and am loving training right now. Just hoping to get some really consistent nice days and will be as happy as pig in you know what.

For now...

X-Man

No comments:

Post a Comment