Friday, June 10, 2011

And so it finally begins!!

I write this blog with some excitement, although I know it is going to be a whole lot of hard work combining it all.

I am finally getting back on the bike to re-introduce it into my training. It is a strange feeling when you look back at your training and see that you have consistently been running more than biking. What does this mean?? One of three things:

1) I have been running a lot,
2) I haven't been biking, or
3) A combination of both.

Option 3 is where it is at and with this week going to be another around the 110k's running, I can finally say that my biking will top this for the first time is many a week. What else does this mean?? That tomorrow's 3hr ride in the hills is going to be very ugly and painful.

I am excited all the same though, as I love biking and enjoy getting out chewing the fat with my mates. Tomorrow we welcome a couple of fresh faces that are on the Ironman wagon and I look forward to many an hour in the saddle along side both Laz & Tim. This adds to the "usual suspects" that I train with and once everyone gets back into full training for their relative Ironman races, it will be an exciting group to train with.

The winter weather has been interesting, however my new found love for treadmill running and my mag trainer again has overcome the conditions that have been facing all who train at this time of year, unless ofcourse you live in far north Qld. (oh, if only!!)

The Kona count is still in triple digits, so it is still a long way from being here, however I know that once it lowers into double digits, it is just around the corner. I am really looking forward to Yeppoon 70.3 this year as I will be in the best shape of my life at that time of year and am hanging to see the result that I can produce.

As stated previously I have changed my whole swimming program and to my surprise, I am still lowering my pb. Today with Greg Johnny Memphis Jnr, we did 2 x 1k TT with my times coming in on the 13.27 for the first one and 13.55 for the second, a little bit slower however the 13.27 was a pb by 18secs, which I cannot complain about. My goal coming closer to the race is to get a pb of lower than 13min and also punch out 4 x 1k TT efforts coming in on 13.45 leaving on the min cycle. Tough ask, but so is Kona and I am going to complete Kona, so no reason that I can't complete this task!

So, at the moment all is going well (might be a different statement after the mornings ride) and no complaints at the moment. I also have been accredited with my level 1 coaches certificate and I look forward to learning from the athletes that I will be coaching along with passing on the experience and knowledge that I ahve gained over my journey.

For now...

X-Man

Time to find ALL my winter cycling gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment