Thursday, June 2, 2011

Knee deep in it!!

Where to start??

Just coming off my first 100k+ run week, I never thought that I would be looking forward to seeing how much my body can handle. Of course the body was sore, however the mind is strong and the motivation is unquestionable.

When I look at my blog and see the count down timer gradually decrease, the excitement grows and so do the nerves. It must be getting closer as even my boss asked me to fill in holiday forms for the time that I will be away.

I was chatting to a few at run squad last night and we were talking about upcoming races etc and for a few of us, our main race is not far away, albeit later in the year. When you look at your race schedule, you certainly do realise that the days, weeks & months certainly count down faster than you somewhat want at times.

Throw in relocating, doing my level 1 accreditation and work, the days are disappearing faster than I think. I am certainly making the most of every minute throughout the day and utilizing what I can where I can to ensure that everything is accounted for and am justifying my existence.

So back onto the training, the running is going well, the swimming is holding its own and the riding will slowly start to increase to match the other two moving forward.

My weight is down to 88kgs, never thought I would be this light so early in a preparation, however does give me confidence that I will be able to drop it lower as it gets closer. A few dodgy sushi rolls over the last weekend did help me drop it, however was not in the plan and I ensured that the weight was put back on so that I could maintain my training.

I have a few running races upcoming including a 10k road race this weekend, a 15k road race two weeks later, then the Gold Coast Half Marathon at the beginning of July. Then before I know it Yeppoon 1/2 Ironman will have come and gone and I will be sweating it out on the roads of Kona. I just have to keep crossing the t's and dotting the i's and I am confident that the rest will take care of itself!!

For now...

X-Man

No comments:

Post a Comment