Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Everthing is weird right now!!

But, all in a good way :-)

Training is going well, the k's are increasing, the legs are getting more and more fatigued, however one thing is weird. My times are improving.

I know this is probably the that is should go, however, I would have thought it would be once the k's decrease, not increase. Backing up my 120km run week the week previous with a 125k run week last week, the legs, mind and body are going strong.

My swimming is still going well, and swimming a 57.30min 3.8k in a 50m pool solo gives me good confidence that my swimming is progressing to where I want it to be. The main thing that I have noticed about my swimming is the lack of cramps that I am currently getting. I put this down to using Hammer Endurolyte tablets, since I have been taking the Endurolytes, I just simply don't cramp anymore. Knowing this gives me confidence during a long endurance swim set knowing that I will complete the set without the dreaded cramps.

During the recent 3.8k swim, I even managed to negative split all 3 k's, going from 15.36, to 15.20 then down to a 14.50min effort and then finishing off the 800m well under the 12min mark. I am still a little bit off my goal time for Kona, but the main thing is that I am heading towards it, even deep in training. The biking is slowly coming, albeit ugly at the moment due to lack of bike k's in the legs, but I still have over 3 months to get them back to where I want.

I do have interesting times ahead, with training now being at a consistent 20 hours per week with not much biking, so no doubt once the next program gets finalised, these hours will increase once again. Something that is intimidating and exciting at the same time.

My race plan did recently change, with me not competing in an of the running races that I intended to. This was a decision by Andrew and myself, as we both agreed that I would get more benefit out of consistent training week in week out. I was content with this as my legs have been tired and heavy and the thought of a 15k smash fest did not really excite me (but a 2hr 20min run in the hills did!!).

I don't have much else to report about my prep, just one week is rolling into the next at the moment. I am looking forward to the upcoming weekend's Ironman in Korea to follow some mates compete there and hopefully book their ticket to Kona.

For now...

X-Man

No comments:

Post a Comment