Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Looking for my Mojo.



So after a massive year and rewarding all in itself, I sit here wondering how I am going to find it again. I have thought on many occasions that I could get going again, however there is just something missing.

Like previous years, I have had my traditional "let the hair down" nights on the town and unfortunately this year, that hasn't helped. It has been a mere 2 1/2 weeks since Phuket and I have only been able to achieve 1 small swim in the bay with a few lads.


It is not as if I don't have any goals for the future in the world of Triathlon, as Ironman Melbourne will have a greater personal relevance to me than any other race that I have done/will ever do. (More on that next year!)

Right now, it is bizarre, I am not eating the house down, I am conscious of maintaining my body weight so when (if) the time comes to get back into it, I will be able to without lugging around a few extra potato sacks. Last time I put on a total amount of 10kgs post Ironman, this time I have put on 5kgs. In fact I am back to my previous Ironman race weight pre-Kona.

When will the time come when I actually:


and get back to it??

Well one thing is for sure, I am not going to rush it, be forced into it or regret the time that I start. As with previous sports, once the enjoyment has gone I just simply walk away from it.



What is different about this sport compared to the basketball, football & tennis that I played to name a few, I do have a great passion for Triathlons whether it be in the form of competing or coaching.

I have been searching for "that 1 thing" that is going to get me going again. Maybe it is purely and simply a massive:



To get me back on track. Maybe I just need to go back and enjoy the company of my mates, forget about my goals and just enjoy the main reason to be in this sport.

I know one thing for sure, having a little niggle hasn't helped my cause. The little niggle called plantar fasciitis has been driving me crazy for just over 1 month now. That has definately aided is removing the drive. For those who are unaware what it is, check the following picture:



It is a pain that is constantly there as soon as you are on your feet (which makes day to day living uncomfortable). I am on the road to recovery and just can't quite shake the last part of it. Treatment twice a day is helping, however just not getting me over the line.

Anyway, enough of the negatives, I am going to find myself a positive and get back into. Let's start Saturday and then see what Santa brings me for Xmas....one of these would be nice.



For now...

X-Man

I know that below is so true.

No comments:

Post a Comment