Sunday, June 10, 2012

The first 2 weeks...

So today was the completion of the first two weeks in my Kona 2012 Preparation.  Some good things, some bad things and some learning things!

The good... The legs are starting to come back in both the ride and run.  I have broken through the "ugly" phase and am into feeling good again.  The running was approx 45k week 1 and 60k's this week.  The riding has a similar build and am looking forward to another enjoyable ride with the guys tomorrow.

The learning... A couple of "unnamed" boys learnt a lesson on nutrition yesterday.  This simple... 1 bottle of water doesn't get you through 4hrs of training!! Both boys learnt this after "bonking" yesterday and feeling the effects post session.

The bad... The planta fasciitis is back :(.  After 2 weeks of getting back into it I am already getting the same pain, if not more to what I was experiencing before Ironman Melbourne.  I have been researching "other" ways to help conquer this little issue.  I know that I can handle the pain whilst training, however post training, during the night and first thing in the morning is where I suffer the most.

With my research, I am going to investigate alternate options to what I have tried previously with stretching etc.  I have to look deeper into this issue to try and get sorted sooner rather than later.

I am also trying a different approach on some of my sessions and started the experiment today.  I will be monitoring my results to see if beneficial before I release what I am doing.  Exciting times ahead.

Tonight sees the final stage of the Criterium du Dauphine and as per last night I will be cheering on the Aussie boys and am hoping that they dominate the stage like last night.

For now...

X-Man

No comments:

Post a Comment