Friday, June 1, 2012

Ironman Cairns Age group Selections

These are my full selections:

First up 18-24... Female - Kassie Alford as she is the only entrant!!
Male - Luke Burton - has..some good recent form


25-29 a/g Female - I think this one will be between Joanna Carmen & Kira Flanagan with the later finding some form at the right time
25-29 Male - I believe Mark Smolonogov will win this after a 9hr 36 IMAustria and then 10hr IMMelb this year. Others to watch are Nick Black, Ryan Milton & Sam Watson


Female 30-34...  promises me she is going to win this...however Emma Miller might spoil her party after qualifying for Kona at Ironman Melbourne, unsure if she will start thought


Male 30-34  should win this one comfortably and is my pick for fastest a/g swimmer.  will be in with a good...Tim Molesworth will just give up to much start in a much stronger field than his last IMWA


Female 35-39... Monica Dalidowicz is my pick here. There are a few others in the mix though including Eliza Brabyn.


Male 35-39... The most competitive in my opinion. After running with Danger at IMMelb and Ross Jackson in my first IM, I have a bit of bias towards both.  Danger Angus is my tip, however Nathan Fitazackerley, Travis Hickman & Rae could all be vying for Kona spots


Female 40-44 Sam Boag & Susan Crowe by the length of the straight if there recent Long course form is anything to go by.


Male 40-44 a/g  (Matt Lewis) is actually my tip 9hr 17min & fellow  athlete.  (Brett Urwin) to be close behind.  This one could go down to the wire.


Female 45-49 - 3 way tussle here b/t Susan Meehan, Frances Edwards & Robyn Gutry. 
Male 45-49... My single tip here is Ralph Glatz.


Female 50-54 Julienne Drysdale, has been to Kona, knows how to get the job done. 
Male 50-54 Kev Fergusson by an entire week if he pushes hard..


Female 55-59.. only 3 to pick from here. I am going for Sharman Parr who back in 1998 went to . Long time between drinks but think she should bring home the chocolates.


Male 55-59 Can't choose b/t Stephen Hempel & former sub 10hr IM Tom Valena here....should be a cracking race.


Female 60-64 Shirley Rolston will win unless someone else got a sneaky entry! 
Male 60-64 Graham Crocker to take out the mens...


70-74 Male - Shoichiro Ochiai will get his maiden IM win here. There once again could be a sneaky late entrant though.


Pro Male: Could be another Ironwar between  & Cameron Brown unless Macca gets an Olympic spot. Thinking Cam should be able to win this as Macca has been training for the Olympic spot which at the time of writing he missed out.  This will mean a cracking race at Kona and one that makes me even ore pumped for.


Pro Women:  & Jo Lawn should have a battle here also and if  has his way, he might "win" here! Based on his twitter feed recently!


Now as for me I have 5 athletes that I am coaching racing on the weekend and want to give a bit shout out to the following people:


Tom Lazarus 30-34 1st Ironman
Alastair Thomson 35-39 Ironman
Jerome Peyton 40-44 1st Ironman
Rene Rutze 50-54 Ironman


Jane Powell 70.3 (will no disclose her age also though she looks a lot younger than it says!)


Good luck to all of you and am shattered that work prevented me from coming after already booking and paying for everything.  Will be following you all closely and cheering you on from afar.


For Now...


X-Man


As far as my training goes, am in week 1 and just getting going again, so nothing really to update at this stage.



... 

No comments:

Post a Comment