Friday, August 12, 2011

Not my normal race week preparation!!!

But, it is all good!

This week is different to normal, different because the training this week is so much more than any other race week lead in. No rest days, just training right up until race day Sunday.

It is great though as my mind is definitely on Kona. In saying that I do have goals that I am going to tick off this weekend even though they are tough. My body feels great, my mind is a little tired from the travel, the weather (although it is perfect).

The house is full of great people and I am loving the crew this year, getting the training done, relaxing and just general chit chat is the general theme. Nothing like last year where Ben & myself wrote ourselves off on this night last year. ThIs year it is different, the feel is awesome!

Brad and I had a good ride earlier and still both agree that the road surface being so course prob equates to an undulating course to some degree. We even ventured off to another road and found some nice little rollers. He is in great shape and will be the one to beat in my a/g again. If I can get within a similar time to him from last year I will be happy.

Sunday will roll around fast and a solid result will be what I am after!

For now, dinner time soon.

X-Man

No comments:

Post a Comment