Monday, April 2, 2012

My Ironman Race Predictions - updated!

So, as many of you were aware, I tweeted about my age group predictions for Ironman Melbourne.

Just to recap, I will put my tips below and the results next to their name!

Female

25-29 - Kimberley Russell 3rd
30-34 - Rebecca Preston DNF
35-39 - Kristy Hallet 1st
40-44 - Michelle Boyes 1st
45-49 - Christine Jell (top 3 ) 10th

I didn't post about any others as I think it is just amazing what people can achieve.

Male

18-24 - Matt Burton - DNS
25-29 - Greg Farrell - 1st & fastest Age grouper
30-34 - In this one I did mention a few, but also got 7 out of the top 10, including the top 5, so will take that as a 1st
35-39 - Sam Hume 3rd
40-44 - Mag Michellson 2nd
45-49 - only had Ron Ziessler to lead out of the swim 3rd out of swim
50-54 - Kevin Fergusson 1st
55-59 - Tom Velena - 10th

Once again didn't pick anyone over this age group, too amazing for words!

Not a bad effort I must say!

Now this leads me onto something that I promised a few people at the awards night.... The people from WA. After copping a grilling from them about mentioning Michelle Boyes and not David Boyes (who mind you finished 2nd in the 50-54 a/g) I thought that I would pay my dues and mention all the great results from the crew from WA. (apologies if I miss anyone).

So in my research this is what I came up with:

Men:

Scott Thompson 25-29 4th including a 2hr 55min marathon
Tom Bakowski 30-34 5th
Charlie Low 35-39 4th
David Boyes 50-54 2nd (Special mention as I didn't consider him in my original predictions!)
Murray Bridgeland 50-54 7th

Throw Matty Burton (if he was well) and would have been a pretty handy stat!

Women:

Lauren Jones 25-29 1st
Nera Jareb 30-34 2nd
Caroline Ashby 35-39 2nd
Michell Boyes 40-44 1st

Now clearly the women out classed the men here. Well done to all of you and was great meeting you and making some new Ironman friends!

I will attempt to pick more than the 5 winners I choose at Ironman Melbourne in the upcoming Ironman Port Macquarie.

On another note, my main sponsor XOSIZE ACTIVE has informed me that he has set up a code for his online shop. To take advantage of this, go to http://shop.onlinesportstore.com.au/ and at the checkout enter code XMAN to receive a further 15% off all purchases.

Thanks heaps Scott.

For Now...

X-Man



No comments:

Post a Comment