Sunday, February 1, 2009

What will the Heavens provide for Geelong 70.3??

This is the question that has been constantly on my mind over the last week or so with this freak hot weather. With Geelong being my first serious race this year, the heat factor is something we all must consider. I have many questions that are floating around my mind already in preparation for a extreme weather day.

Questions like:

Do I need more nutrition/ hydration??

How much more??

Should I change my race plan, or do I trust current plan that has worked to date??

Do I stick to my TT helmet or use my road helmet??

With constant "weather watch" this week, I think I will make my decision at late as possible.

ALL THE BIG NAMES WILL BE RACING

With names like Craig Alexander, Luke Bell, Leon Griffin, Jason Shortis and many more of that calibur means that not only will the standard be high, but will also provide good spectator value also.

Throw in top age groupers like Sam Hume (27th Hawaii 2008) 30-34 , Matt Bailey (6th Overall Canberra 2008) 18-24, Luke Whitmore 25-29 and Dale Hemley 30 - 34, the racing should be hot throughout most age groups.

Myself and the boys from ETPA will be able to get a good gauge on where we sit against the BIG boys of tri's.

By midday Sunday many questions will have answers.....Hopefully all positive...

1 comment:

  1. Checkout this link X Man, might be helpful.
    http://www.bikeradar.com/fitness/article/health-beat-the-heat-17188

    ReplyDelete