Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Going more aero!!



I have decided that after reviewing a few pics of my riding position and having a few comments about my road bike, that I am going to set my bikes up more aero!


Above is my current position on my bike and I am going to lower my front end by 5-7mm to help into the wind. Hoping that this will not affect my running off the bike at all. Time will tell.


I will be out on my bike on sat morn to see what difference this change will make.


Any comments would be appreciated.


X-Man


3 comments:

  1. Does a better or more aggressive aero position on the bike decrease the amount of draft these hangeroners are going to recieve? If it does go aggressive on your race bike and a little less on your training bike so I can hang on. Top effort on the weekend and see you on the training track.
    Cheers "CRASH"

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some very interesting podcasts on the topic of aerodynamics. What we all may think is aero does not necessarily work out that way.

    Checkout http://tri-talk.com/TopicalIndex.asp and go down to cycling (aerodynamics), might find some enlightenment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why change if its not broken?? Mate, your riding great guns at the moment. Stormy

    ReplyDelete