Monday, May 18, 2009

As well as i expected

That sums up my race on Saturday. As much as I was optimistic, realism hit in not long after the start. Was either going to be a long day or a short one. Well if you can combine both, that was it. I only lasted 55k (or 3 1/2 laps) of the 5 lap race before I was dropped.

The bunch started with 20 riders and by the 15km mark we were down to 12, and from reports the bunch in front didn't lose a rider until well into the race. With our bunch not really working as a unit, we were always going to struggle to make any inroads into the bunches "up the road".

The weather played havoc with my bunch with only 8 of us remaining after 2 laps, which made the day even harder. When the headed towards the start of the 4th lap I was well and truely gone. I sat up and waited for the bunches behind, which didn't take long and was quickly dropped. I rolled around for the rest of the lap and then decided to pull the pin.

As stated in my previous, didn't expect to get any where so was not dissapointed by the result. Just more incentive for next race.

For now...

X-man

No comments:

Post a Comment