Saturday, May 16, 2009

A weekly update...

Today, I make my return to Road cycling at Footscray. After looking at the race, it was probably 1 week early for where I think I am currently at. It is a handicap race over 80 odd k's and I have been drawn off third scratch. As I write this post, the time gaps haven't been allocated yet, but a finish for me in todays race will be a win.

The conditions and course dont suit me at all with a You Yangs top finish which I am still with my bunch then, I am taking it as a win. (Even though the result will be different). I will throw up a race report later this afternoon.

Cruised around for 65min this morning with Benny nice and early and since have had my eyes shut reading the script for the remaining of the day. So throw in a tough ride and sore legs...This is one massive challenge!!

The rest of the week has been solid again even thou I am starting to feel the pinch of the 4am rises to get some good quality in and the back up sessions in the arvo, although have been tough, they have been really enjoyable all the same. Training has become very fun, funny when you want to train opposed to feeling like you have to....You actually get more done.

5 runs this week and after today, 5 rides and 3 swims have seen me feel great (although tired at times) but I will keep rolling with the punches until Thursday morning when I fly to the Sunshine Coast for 4 nights.

My weight has been lowering slowly and at this stage I should be at my goal weight for Yeppoon. Although I have conscience about my weight, I haven't let it take over my life (at this stage) and am still enjoying some luxuries of life.

I want to thank the people who have trained with me this week as after 2 straight weeks of 4am rises, it did get difficult to get up, but with the odd occasion of someone joining me, it made it a whole lot easier.

I will give a race report (hopefully good) this afternoon.

For now...

X-Man

No comments:

Post a Comment