Saturday, May 2, 2009

Same Direction - Less Weight

I have decided to continue my Ironman Journey, but without a coach. I have split with my coach Mat Tippet (www.etpa.com.au) and am going to fly solo for sometime. This Ironman caper is not an easy thing and you need motivation to finish, let alone be competitive. So with this in mind and being through 1 full season of training, I know that I have the motivation to move forward with out a coach and still achieve the results that I desire at the end of the day.

Although I throughly enjoyed my time under the guidance of Coach Mat, there were some things that didn't fit into my life. So I have tailored a program that I know that I will be able to complete week in week out. As I know what I can do and cannot do based around work etc. Sometimes others either a) Don't care or b) don't want to adjust programs to suit individual needs.

I still have a lot to learn along the way and am open for advice, (good, bad or indifferent) to help out. Along with this, I have developed a large network from experienced Ironman races to more individualised athletes in which I am comfortable asking for and receiving advice from.

My race schedule will be the same as last year commencing with Yeppoon 1/2 Ironman in August, then will look at some smaller type races before I race Shepparton 1/2 Ironman in November and finish 2009 with another crack at WA Ironman in December.

I have delayed upping the ante in my training for another week due to work commitments and family functions. After a small ride this morning and another function tonite, I am going to commence training on a heavier scale on Monday. I still have another month of either family or work functions and come June 1 the switch will be flicked and the serious stuff begins.

For now...

X-Man

2 comments:

  1. X - I have some advice for you ...... the 'serious stuff' can never begin while one still rides a Giant..... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. X man - good luck without the coach. Your motivation drove your success of last season, keep that stong and you will smash smash smash again.

    Why does the ETPA site still have all of your stuff over it? free advertising?

    Good luck ;-)

    ReplyDelete