Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Recovery Week

Just a quick update that my recovery week has come just at the right time as I have been a little ill over the last 4-5days from a bug I picked up at Twin Waters last Friday whilst swimming in a lagoon.

I tried to kill the germs with alcohol over the following few nights, however have not been able to get back to 100% yet. So, an easier week than originally planned for this week then back into it on Monday.

A good mate of mine and now fellow roadie (officially signed up to a cycling club) Mark (http://crankitkomo.blogspot.com) and I are contesting a teams criterium at Calder Park on Saturday. This will be my first official teams race, so will be happy to test my legs and see if I can help the team leader to a good spot at the end of the race.

I haven't been told what my role will be, however I have a fair idea....work and suffer, try and recover and do it all again as required. This will be a huge ask for myself as I am far from fit, but will put it on the line to assist where possible.

Anyway, not much will be on for this week, just tick the legs over and throw the arms over trying to feel better and have a half decent recovery week also.

For now...

X-Man

1 comment:

  1. Good luck X-man - you and Komo should have fun. Great experience and will really get those road legs fired up.

    Big Boy

    ReplyDelete