Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Time to head back to reality..

Well, the holiday has come to an end.

After heading out for dinner last night and cleaning up $250 on the pokies, Big Boy, Carla & myself enjoyed a few beverages to celebrate a great week away.

Reality has just kicked in due to seeing and hearing about the weather in Melbourne being absolutely horrid and today being the pick of all the days here in Yeppoon (always the way!!)

The ocean is like a mill pond and wind is non existent. Never mind, I would have to say that the 3 others that I have spent the week with have made it so enjoyable and one that we have already discussed repeating again next year. Yeppoon is a great location for a Half Ironman Triathlon or just a week away in perfect conditions.

My stuff is packed and just about to cook up a storm with the left over food before we head to the Airport, back to COLD COLD Victoria.

There is one person that I have failed to thank on many occasions as he does a magnificent job getting me prepared for my races......As much as I hate him at the time for putting me through the pain, is Jason, my great mate and myotherapist. The pain of the treatment and the following day is something that I am getting used to, although my pain tolerance is minimal!!! So thanks Jas, as once again you have prepared me a treat for this race as you have for all previous races.

I will endeavour to find a picture of his ugly mug to post here, however if treatment is needed, he is someone that I recommend.

For now...

X-Man

No comments:

Post a Comment