Monday, October 5, 2009

Never meant to be easy!!

Last was different, no expectations, no idea!!

This year is harder. Goals have been set and expectations need to be fulfilled. Training has to be done no matter what, no excuses. I have to get up at 4am to get quality in, I have to do sessions in the evening instead of relaxing. Last year, I didn't have to, so I didn't. If I was sore at all, tired or couldn't be bothered, that's all the excuses I needed no to train

However, after my performance last year at WA I have personal expectations that I want to exceed, goals I want to achieve. I am currently tired and fatigue, this just makes me want to train harder at the moment. I am preparing for what I call two hour Tuesday. This is my 2nd long run for the week consisting of a minimum of 2 hours with intervals or hills in there somewhere. 2 hour Tuesday usually follows a 3-4 hour morning ride. Legs are toasted by the end.

My training as been going well with clocking up good consistent quality k's atm with December 5th continually driving me along the way. My weight has dropped under 92kgs and is heading in the right direction. I have been given some quality nutritional advice rather than just starving myself...WTF?!?!? Advice that makes a difference in what I eat, when I eat it and how it is prepared.

The time is currently 7.30pm and today I have been on the bike, pounding the pavement and splashing in the water. Another day in which I have made gains and enjoyed the outcome. Tomorrow is a different day, one in which I am looking for the conclusion before it starts.

I have been following another blog: http://caughtontherun.blogspot.com/ about another "larger" guy (93.5kgs) who has recently qualified for Kona and will have completed 3 Ironmans in 10 weeks. He is another that gives me motivation. If h can, so can I. Who said size matters??

For now...

X-Man

No comments:

Post a Comment