Monday, February 27, 2012

It has begun!!

Day 1, both morning and evening sessions get a:
This morning was a swim, Mondays is a technique session for me, got just over 2k's done in the mornings swim. Happy with that, feel like my swimming is going quite well and not far off where I want it to be..

Tonight, I added in a treadmill run, was supposed to have the evening off, however after only the sprint distance race yesterday and a really GREAT chat with Coach Andy today, we have changed a few things up for me. More time management vs training volume during the week and volume on weekends. This appeals to me as I enjoy early nights and weekends where I can get out with the boys and have some serious fun. As Andrew told me, the base that I have built in the last 18months will be there and we just have to tap into it.

The other thing that I have in my favour in a BIG BIG way, is that I know how to get the result I want and I really know how to dig deep and hurt.

This will be another string to my bow come Melbourne, even if I am not in the shape I want physically, I will be mentally.

Apart from this, I have started a new nutritional plan. Only in the first day, so will see how that goes. Happy to try something new to aid with lower training volume and see if I can achieve a similar result.

So tonight's treadmill run was 1hr starting at easy and finishing at Max effort (or as fast as the treadmill would go) which I think is 16kph. Not as fast as what I can run during a short race or even a fully blown 1/2 Marathon but after an hour in the sweat box as I make it with the hardest incline on the treadmill, it hurts. My HR reached just under 190bpm, I was working, sweating and loving it.

Tomorrow is a new day and another day in which I am going to apply another tick to. Run, Speed session in the pool then M/T.

On another note, 2 of my athletes are embarking on Ironman New Zealand, first timer (great mate also) Tom and Ol' Mate Benny. This is exciting for all three of us, me as I get to witness the guys in action and for them to achieve something they haven't before (in their own right). Another shout out the Scotty and Steve who are also part of TMC and also great mates, both these guys are headed to IMNZ. I am sure all 4 guys will tick off the box they want and come home happy campers.

A motto that I have found and am going to stick to until Melbourne is the following:


This is so true for the sport and also for me, not by time, but by determination. I ticked a major box in Phuket 70.3 where I was forced to walk most of the run due to my feet but I still managed to finish and was very satisfied with that.

This one is for you Mum...(25/12/53 - 25/03/07)

PS. A monster effort by little brother Nathan for finishing his first triathlon on the weekend also!





No comments:

Post a Comment