Saturday, February 25, 2012

Operation Accountability

So, after having a frustrating last few months with injury, I have started to find some good motivation to get going again. I am hoping that I can regain some of the form & fitness that I had leading into Kona.

The feet are still troubling me and I am unable to get though every session, albeit, I am starting to feel like I am starting to move a fair bit better on the run. The ride has been very spasmodic also as I am finding that this has been the hardest of the three to stay motivated for. (Who would have thought I would be typing that a few years back??) Definitely not me!!

Anyway, things are on the improve in lots of aspects in my life. However as the race is drawing closer, the emotions are building as it will be a special day for me at Melbourne. My goals have changed significantly with originally I wanted to go and win my A/G for Mum, now after realisation that I am no where near that shape, I am just hoping to capture a slot for Kona. After having a near miss a few years back then jagging my spot, I am very aware of the difficulty in just doing that.

So, into my my heading for this post.

Accountability:

"responsibility to someone or for some activity"

For me, I am going to be accountable to no-one else but myself and my motivation. As stated in previous blogs, my motivation will be drawn from the missing link in my life....My mum!

Although I might not be in my best shape, the inspiration that I will draw from racing for my mum will be my driving force in ticking off my goals.

So, as of tomorrow...(4 weeks til race day) I am going to blog at the end of every day to become accountable for my training. To get out there no matter the conditions, no matter how I am feeling and no matter the session. I have been really inconsistent up until now and I know that the next 3 weeks before taper can make a big difference.

Seeing everyone else become excited about their up coming races has helped me snap out of my rut. A few home truths from a few close friends (you know who you are!!) has also given me the drive to get back out there and return to the mind set that I had leading in Kona. And although the time frame is a lot less to go, I know that I can get through the next 3 weeks without fail.

Something that I received during the week was from a very close friend of mine, whom I just loving hearing from and travelling with was this, so a BIG BIG thanks for your kinds words:

"Hi Xman - here is something I learnt on Monday (at a very special day) - "desire with the heart - not want with the mind" - I would think that it is reasonably self-explanatory for you"

Being more organised is going to be my key to achieving this and I have given myself a solid "game-plan" to tick this box off also.

As they say, words are just that, and they mean nothing until they are turned into actions. One of my favourite motto's is: ACTIONS speak louder than words. So it is easy for me to sit here and write what I have, however for those that know me closely and well, you will know that my actions will kick into play very soon!

I have already started putting processes in place for post Melbourne to change a few other aspects in my life which will be discussed once they are implemented.

On that note, I had better start getting organised for the rest of the weekend and into the week.

This one is for you Mum (25/12/53 - 25/03/07)...

X-Man

PS...A BIG Happy Birthday to "Fos"...

No comments:

Post a Comment