Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Still.....

As Charlie would say....


So after a public commitment to get the training in for the next weeks in, I am 3 days in and going well. A 2hr run tonight with the feet pulling up well wraps up another solid day for me.

Swim squad was once again enjoyable, however it astounds me how I am always last in the drills, by a long long way (like 15-20m over a 50m pool) however when it comes to doing freestyle sets, I am leading out my lane and coming in a good 5 sec ahead over 100m and can hang onto the fast lane with these sets. So am I doing the drills wrong and not getting the benefit or are they doing them wrong? Unsure of that answer!!

The run tonight was just what I needed, I even managed to put in a few 4min k's mid run which put a smile on my face, I know that I am still a long way from where I want to be, but I also know that I am making inroads fast.

Even my weight is headed to the right direction, getting on the scales at 88kgs this morning means that I am not far from my Kona race weight and aren't the legs enjoying carrying a lighter load!

Now to just get through to the weekend and know that I have had a great week will propel me through to the next weekend where it will be Lionel!

I have a wedding to go to in Perth, which will cost me a day or so, but I think being Lionel will more be the factor. Being a groomsman in one of my best mates wedding is an honour that I don't take lightly and will be over there enjoying every moment of it.

Anyway, the challenge for me is to get up in the morning and run again, build some more fatigued in the legs and then a solid M/T session tomorrow night.

This one is for you Mum..(25/12/53 - 25/03/07)











I know you are watching me know as you have given some serious drive and motivation. I will do you proud!

X-Man

No comments:

Post a Comment