Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 22: Fine tuning

Have to love taper.

The feeling of regaining all that energy that I have put into my preparation. Knowing that there is only 1 more really long session to go, and that is the race.

Being able to just kick back throughout the day without the thoughts of more training in the afternoon.

It is a great feeling.

After the little mishap with my Rocket Swim Skin over the weekend and with a few modifications, I went down to test it out in the morning. Just a very short swim and I was very happy with the result and am SUPER confident that it will do the job for me.

A whole 20min in the water and my day was done with training.

We called in to see Billy & family on the way back, bumped in to Matty Lewis, Pete Coulson and a few others and it was feeling just like a race. Until you walk past a few more and there are different languages everywhere.

People are starting to look everyone up and down, which I find amusing as unless your are a professional, the chances that you know the person you are looking at are very slim. And for me having more salt than pepper in my hair, I could probably cover 3-4 age groups!

One thing about yesterday which I thought was awesome, was Rudy Project were doing a sponsorship for top athletes (that covers everyone here!) and if you were happy to wear their helmet in the race, you could keep it. Yes, easy as that, just sign a bit of paper with your race number saying that you would wear it and a brand new Rudy Helmet was yours.

Easier said than done! The helmets are "one size fits all", hmmmm, here is the issue: when you are a Coppock, that is not always the case. The "one size fits all" should have an exception clause something along the lines of: This helmet will fit anyone who tries it on, unless your surname is Coppock! Yep that's right, my head to big for it. I could get my head into it, but there was no way that I was going to sign my life away knowing that I would suffer even more than what I am going to by wearing a helmet that is too small!

With a bit of smooth talking, I managed to secure myself some Rudy Project sunnies and a heads up about sponsorship when I get home. Win Win!!

Some bike works was done throughout the day and a few new additions were added. A few more tweaks today and my stead will be chomping at the bit to get going Saturday.

A 90min massaged followed later in the afternoon, then dinner and the day was complete.

Today involves swimming the course again, followed by a small run. The training is so much easier when you are fresh!!

For now...

X-Man

No comments:

Post a Comment