Friday, September 28, 2012

Day 17...The momentum continues.

After a solid few days with biking and running, I was curious to see how the legs would fair this morning.

A 3hr ride with some pretty intense efforts.  Well we always increase this ride here to make it to Kawaihae to be able to refuel.  So the ride usually takes 3hrs 20min ish.

If you don't do this, you simply risk running out in the middle of nowhere.... Not really for me!

A few efforts on the way there, a laugh (thankfully no vomit today) refuel and the return trip.

Matt with his big Cans!


The legs felt great, were heavy at time due to the fatigued, however couldn't be happier with how they have taken the onslaught of k's

An afternoon swim of 40 x 100 on the 1min 30 cycle was in order.  Now on my previous post when I was doing 200's on 2min 30, I said that the conversion was to 2min 50 per 100metres.  That was incorrect, it actually is 2min 42 sec per 200m at that rate.

The goal of the swim was to find a pace, and hold it for as many 100's as possible.  We started on 1.15's (approx 1.21's for 100m) and just chipped away at this.

I managed 29 when my lunch was on the move...upwards to my throat.  So I took 1 off, then got through a couple more before deciding to pull the pin.  My legs were starting to battle and I could feel the onset of cramps as I was just unable to get enough Shotz Electrolytes in.

Very happy with 32 x 100 on the 1.30 cycle with no paddles/buoy.  Making progress.  Goal is to hit 40 by mid next week holding the same cycle and maybe even decrease if I can!

Tomorrow is similar to today, a solid ride in the morning, a swim and run in the PM.  The highlight of tomorrow will be having Carla fly into town, has felt like the longest 3 weeks and sorry Big Boy, you are not quite cutting it!!

On my Pro spotting efforts, ran into this guy, had a good quick chat with him and sent him on his way!! hehehe Ripping guy and hope he has a great race!

I am looking more and more like my dad with this pose!
I swear this is my "Pro Spotting" singlet, every time I have headed out in other gear, never see them.

For now.... Big Boy is on cooking duties, so I had better go see what he has whipped up!

X-Man

Big shout out the Boyes (David and Michelle) they arrived today, a great couple that I met at Ironman Melbourne. 

2 comments:

  1. Did you only take over one single, hat and pair of boardies?We have only seen the same set of clothes in every photos....

    ReplyDelete
  2. And photo pose for that matter!

    ReplyDelete