Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Finally Here!!

I did promise to start my blog again once I arrived on the Big Island and whilst waiting to check in I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to give an update on the last 3 weeks.

It has been tough to say the least.  My final big build before I mounted the big bird and hit the island ready to get things going.

Trying to tidy everything up at work, trying to train 25 hrs a week and still offer service to my athletes.  Of course something had to give.

A blessing in disguise fell my way, i think, or did I fall its way??  Most people are aware that I fell off my bike a few weeks back and this hampered my ability to swim due to a wrist issue.  No I didn't get it looked at as it was never going to alter my plans once I got here.

I just tried to manage it the best I could without losing too much, this also gave me the ability to have a few sleep ins and get the rest my body was craving.  I think that I just fumbled my way through the last few weeks knowing that if I could just tick as many boxes as possible I would really be able to capitalize once here and settled.

I finished my last weekend on Australian soil with 49k's worth of running on the Sunday. Got through with no issues and felt more comfortable on the 2nd run than I did the first.  Andrew has given me the 2 Mondays off (Aust & Kona) to recover before I start with an easy week and then hit the next 3 weeks hard and solid!

The rest of the day will be check in, feet up and rest!

Until tomorrow.

X-Man

1 comment: