Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Heads or Tails









The way the coin fell could have been so very different. Heads I go back to sleep, tails I get up and go to swim squad.

Why was it this way?? Well last night, for some reason unbeknown to me, I just couldn't sleep. I saw midnight on the clock and must have drifted off not long after that. So when the alarm went off at 5.20am, the thought of heads (head back on the pillow did cross my mind) , but no, I got up, feeling pretty ordinary and headed off to swim squad. 4k set, 2k of speed work later I was a happy little camper.

I knew that I was going to have a long day at work and all I was determined to do was look forward to my afternoon session.

So after work, I was so excited to get in the car and head home. The plan was to get going straight away before I had the chance to kick back and relax, put the cricket on and then lose motivation to train.

Home, changed and out the door was the way it went. My usual 14k loop which has been taking me just over the 70min mark is now down to 60min, legs feeling great, the hill at the end is not as challenging. And throw in the fact that I am loving it all, it is so easy right now!

Not long ago, heads and back to sleep would have prevailed especially after a night of minimal hours sleep. I need and crave 10hrs most nights, so this was a big big win for me..

Taking that confidence of being able to win this mornings battle means that every time I think that way, I know that I can get up and perform ..

I read a quote today which went this way, "Experience tells you what to do; Confidence allows you to do it"

When you have the experience from good and bad, you know what you are able to do and what you are not. With this, Andrew and myself and very confident that what we are doing for this preparation will work.









This one is for you Mum... (25/12/53 - 25/03/07)












Even when you are not there to respond, I know you are there to listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment