Friday, October 12, 2012

Taper Day 3... Starting to feel good.

So, after 2 days of recovery, ie no biking or running, my legs actually felt a little sluggish when I got out on the bike.

A short but sharp 70min with some high intensity was enough to blow a few cobwebs out of the system.

I was happy with how the legs felt at the end of the ride and the 20min easy run off the bike was just as good.  The legs felt a bit ordinary for the first 5-10min and then felt really good for the balance.

Feet up for the rest of the day and then another run, but with some good speed.  Now when I say good speed, I am talking IM intensity, not Olympic Distance speed, because as we all know, if you can run 4min k pace in Ironman, you are flying.  If you are running the same in Olympic, you are not anywhere in the ball park.

So sitting comfortably on 4min k pace in the afternoon run was great!

My older brother also got married yesterday and I headed to the reception that evening, a great way to end the day.  Congratulations!!

This morning was a swim, which my arms felt really great.  A massage to follow soon and then Fos is coming over to give the stead the once over!  Will be shining once he lays his hands on it!!

The next videos should start to get the excitement building, I know it did for me.  And I am saving my favorite one for last!!

For now...

X-Man

PS. This time in 2 days I will be out there fighting the war.... has snuck up so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment